Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Subhash Ghai slams IPL!


/photo.cms?msid=2974060 The Indian Premier League rage is only growing by leaps and bounds! Not just cricket lovers but the T20 Cricket tournament has also managed to get the Bollywood stars and their followers get hooked on to the entertaining form of Cricket!

Amidst all this hype and hoopla, one Bollywood filmmaker who begs to differ as far as his take on IPL is concerned is none other than showman Subhash Ghai!

“I agree I am not a cricket fan but I know that it is a sport which has to be given the stature of a sport! IPL has made cricket into a business and nothing else, however cricket has become a business all over! IPL is a real match between money makers and not cricketers”, said Ghai.

He further jokingly added, “You’ll be surprised to know that inspite of the fact that I don’t follow cricket much, three of my films have been named after renowned Cricketers... Kalicharan, Vishwanath and now Yuvraj!”

We probed the filmmaker as to which sport fascinates him more than cricket and he excitedly replied, “Football and cinema are my two passions... these two are my only love.”

0 comments: